Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Tick Tock

Its been a few days since updating, so here goes. Mikey continues to get better, steady progress. I knew he was trying to read things on the wall, so we looked at a National Geographic magazine, and he easily reads the headlines, and comments. He does tend to get agitated and is trying quite a bit to stand up and go "somewhere", like to the store, or just out of that room, which is not safe at this time. The rehabilitation staff has scaled back his visitors to one at a time, no tv, lights low, no ipod......and have posted some guidelines on managing him for the best progress. It seems that there is a very fine line betweeen stimulating him and over stimulating, which makes him regress. Today he was asking "What do I have to do?" maybe he means to get out of there.....I think I can speak for all of "us" to say that our emotions are like a roller coaster, with no idea of where we are going, only that here we are, and we continue to do the best we can. Just like Mikey, sometimes we do better than others, like yesterday I karate kicked a (cement) trash can, and although it hurt, it felt good!! Let me say this, I am not at all OK, but I am, if that makes any sense great, if not, oh well...............

No comments:

Post a Comment