Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Wink wink

Les/Momma here...........
Mikey had a very good day. He winked at me yesterday after prompting him and demonstrating to him how I wink--it took maybe 5 minutes, but out came a wink, and then a big smile. Today I walked in and said Hi and he says "hey whats up?". Today we tried another wink, and he could do it right away. I told him his sister can only wink one eye and its ok if he cannot do the other eye anyway, and he smiled again and told me to "tell her" meaning tell Morgan. Just as I was leaving a site manager came in and said hello, again Mikey says "hey whats up" and she gave her name and title, asking him how he is, clear as a bell he replied "not too bad, how are you?" (!!!!) The trauma doc says Friday after Turkey Day they are going to have a team meeting, and if its appropriate, Mikey will be graduating to brain rehab in Winter Haven hospital (7th floor) at the Joy Fuller Center perhaps early next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment