Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Mobile Mikey

Mikey likes to talk on the mobile phone. Apparently the doctors say that some things come very naturally, like video game controllers, cell phones etc...I hand him the phone and he puts it straight to his ear and has a little conversation with whoever.....usually it starts with "hey, what up?", and ends with "ok I will talk to you later, bye".

Mikey is mobile on another level too. Today we got him into a wheelchair and went down to the parking garage. Ben was there at just the right time too. We met Kati and Sabrina on the way, and I sent Brian to get Morgan from Brooke's so Morgan got to see Mikey for the first time. That pretty much wore him out, so I took him back to his room and he was snoozing when I left.

Meanwhile Tommy was at Target getting Mikey some Converse high tops. He is supposed to wear shoes (in bed!! LOL) and for physical therapy. Its supposed to help avoid "drop foot".

Happy Thanksgiving to you all--I am overwhelmed with gratitude this year. Nuff said. , Les/Momma

1 comment:

  1. I who stand helpless by, a thousand or so miles away, just wanted to say on Thanksgiving eve thank you for keeping all of us deeply informed.

    I am so pleased to read how each day you all demonstrate your incredible love, stamina, grace, courage and insight.

    Amazing the way you all surround Mikey with such care and yet such willingness to embrace the realistic challenges and keep going.

    What a family...

    Thank you,

    Punkin

    ReplyDelete