Thursday, November 19, 2009

Momma here


































Ok here goes. I am Mikey's mom, and nowhere near as eloquent at writing as my son and dear Tommy, but I am going to make a go of this, no rough drafts, no turning back now!! No parent wants to get the phone call I got Tues night, early Wed morning. The lump in my throat, grew until I was choking, and driving to LRMC, the longest trip ever. I couldnt see, I couldnt breathe, I couldnt think. Mikey is my BABY, he always will be even if he has grown to be a fine young man. I cant even begin to thank everyone, from every facet of my life here in Florida, NC, Va, Calif, and beyond for all the prayers of support. The angels at my work, at the hospital, at the gym, and everywhere I turn I have love support and prayers. Mikey has so many friends and they visit him regularly. Thanks everyone, keep coming and visiting. We all need you and want you near. Mikey is making great progress. If you could see the car (I did) you would be amazed that anyone could survive such a crash. I took pictures, because I know Mikey would be royally pissed at me if I didnt, and also to remind all of us how things can turn in a split second. He had his seat belt on. I put a label on his dashboard that said "fasten your seatbelt", I guess that one ticket he got helped remind him too. :) The crash investigator said that the seat belt saved his life. I know that his size saved his life too. There was just one little pocket of unpulverized car. If you really want to see the picture email me, and I will send it. Anyway, this trauma has had a profound affect (effect, whichever--never could get that right) on all of us. I know that we will never be the same, that we will all hug our kids a little tighter tonight, and I know without a doubt that there is One who watches over us all, and that is an AWESOME feeling. Something like this has a way of putting things into perspective. I struggle to keep my feet, butt and head in the same place--in the present moment. I am attaching some of my favorite pictures. Mikey is a scrapper, very feisty and he is going to be just fine, just not quick enough--I am impatient!! --God has a plan and healing is in His time not mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment